Sunday, September 22, 2013

ArShi OS: A Lie That Changed My Life

OS: A Lie That Changed My Life



When she was in college she met the boy of my dreams by lying to her best friend. I was always the type of child, who would be left out because her only talents were things you could only do alone, like writing….

I and Lavanya were best friends. Lavanya had recently joined a band with some of her other friends and Arnav was also in it. All the girls in college were in love with his charms including me but I never had the guts to go and talk to him.

Khushi was studying when Lavanya came up to her and started discussing about the band she just joined recently.

“Khushi do you Arnav plays drums so well?” Lavanya said excitingly

“So?” I said trying to pretend like she doesn’t care.

“Whatever… by the way you know we someone who can play piano very well but we can’t find anyone” Lavanya said making a sad face.

I stayed quiet for some time and then spoke again “I can play piano”…

Off course I had no musical talent, and no desire to learn music, either. I told Lavanya that I can play piano very well so let me join, I mean how hard is it to play a piano? If lavanya can play a guitar why can’t I just play a piano? So a few days later I went to our first practice at the auditorium. There was the whole band, all set up and ready to go. On the other side of the room was Arnav playing softly with his drums.

Everyone introduced while I smiled, I shook Arnav hand, and walked over to the piano set to display my "talents". I actually wasn't that bad. But in no way was I good, either. Luckily, no one in the band was all that talented, except Arnav.

When everyone decided to go outside on that cold winter day to get a break ,Arnav and I stayed in the auditorium . We talked for some time. It was a normal talk. Both of were little shy as this was our first talk. After some time I decided to go outside and Arnav came with me... It was snowing outside and I was already cold. he offered me his jacket. I refused. I had a sweatshirt, and though I was still cold, I noticed he only had a t-shirt under his coat, and didn't want him to be cold. After 5 minutes of arguing back and forth about his jacket, he unzipped it, and wrapped it around me. I was little shocked. He was charming, handsome etc. girls use to die to talk to him and here he is being all romantic.

I went back after waiting for half an hour and still not body came. As we were walking to our incitements he spoke “I didn’t know you can play piano”. I stopped where I was and looked back at him.. First I thought to lie but I was so nervous to lie to him. I didn’t knew what his reaction was going to be after that so I told him the truth. “I can’t “I said looking down..

“What? Then why are here?” Arnav said confusingly

“Lavanya was telling me you guys need someone who can play piano so I thought to help you guys”

“What kind of help is this where you yourself can’t even do it?” Arnav said while smirking…

Before I could say anything further everyone else came… We all got to our positions… I was getting really nervous to tell everyone else that I can’t play piano… but thank god Arnav helped him that day..

“Guys I think we don’t need piano… We can work without it…” Arnav said looking at me..

Lavanya “But if Khushi can play it then we can atleast use it”

Hearing Lavnaya I just wanted to go and kill her. If Arnav was saying they can work without it then why was she having a problem? I looked at Lavanya angrily and I had no idea Arnav was looking at me that time….

Off course everyone listen to Arnav and I was out of the band but I stayed with them while they practiced.



That was January 7th,. I am now in my last yr of college, and Arnav has already graduated a year before… we still meet and even going out now. .After I graduate we are planning to get married. I still look back on these days and laugh.If I wouldn’t have lied I was never going to talk to Arnav, he was never going to give me his jacket, he was never going to safe me, he was never going to hug me or kiss me like he does now. I never knew my one lie will bring someone that close to me…

12 comments:

  1. A WHITE LIE NEVER HURT GLAD SHE TOLD HIM THE TRUTH SO CUTE THAT THEY STARTED OF WITH THE TRUTH AWESOME OS BEAUTIFUL DONE

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome os <3

    -Drunkiiebabe

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes they say lying for good is not a bad things so i really like your story and the way you portrayed the message just to get close to someone yet admitting that you lied - turns out to be good sometimes...continue soon with your other work...love reading your work..thanks for PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing
    Khyr00n (if)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mind blowing OS
    Loved it
    Some times a lil lie is not such a bad thing but we should not get used to it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Love Story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb n beautiful
    Khushi's one lie made her met her love Arnav

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW only u can make dis lie dis much romantic and beautiful. Really enjoyed their first talk and dat to shy, can't imagine Arnav been shy. Atleast Khushi told d truth to Arnav and glad he didnot get angery, instead helped her getting embarssed infront of others.

    Loved how dis lie brought them together, but u rushed last part. Wanted to see their love blossoming. Thank u sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much 4d PM u send on IF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful OS....Love ti

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet and romantic. Awesome

    ReplyDelete